Body In Transition
Maybe it's because I'm involved in Atlanta's fitness scene (thanks, @CaraWeaver10) or maybe it's because people enjoy telling me their stories (I love it!) but I meet tons of women who are in the midst of a weight loss journey. Those transitional months of trying on pants that are a tidge too loose are exciting but a little frustrating as your current options dwindle! Whether you have just had a baby or your "whittling your middle" for your upcoming wedding, here are a few tips on how to dress your transforming body...
Wrap it up!
- Wrap shirts and dresses are a great way to take control of how things fit and give you leeway if you gain/lose a few inches.
- Wrap shirts, sleeveless wraps, anything you can do to accentuate a fluctuating waistline.
- Find your best cut in what you already own.
- What do you like? What do you hate?
- Nix the items that don't highlight your amazingness!
- Pay special attention to necklines: this where your Stylist can help you determine the best cut.
see more helpful tips & pins, here
- Understand how to accessorize a variety of necklines.
- Ladies, you will need new brasiers, your girls will shift (and maybe shrivel a little!)
- Once you have met your final, happy weight, get measured by a professional. I suggest Intimacy.
- Flattering statement pieces, scarves and snappy shoes will call attention away from ill-fitting jackets or pants. (But definitely avoid wear the ill-fitting things if you can, obv.)
- I suggest Stella & Dot, which carries all my fave accessories.
- Thrifting, consignment stores and Goodwill.
- Don't go investing in pieces that will only fit for a few weeks.
- You can find great, gently used pieces to carry you over until you're ready to SPLURGEST!