Tonight in the kitchen...
Applesauc Oatmeal-Raisin (& "Craisin") Cookies
What you'll need:
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
It may seem like a lot but it's mostly stuff that you'll already have in your kitchen...
And the directions are as follows:
* Heat the oven to 375°F - Lightly grease cooking sheet.
* In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
* In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
* Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and mix until blended about 2 minutes. Add the flour to the applesauce mixture and mix well.
* Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the oats and raisins.
* Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.
* Bake until slightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
*Remove the baking sheets from the oven and cool on wire racks for 5 minutes.
* Remove the cookies and cool completely.
--- p.s. I can't figure out why the measurements are in white?!